Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this today because I am sick, and even being sick I found it hilarious. Just remembering it made me smile.
Last week I went into DS's room after naptime, cus I heard him talking away happily. I went in and said, "Youre awake! Were you calling for mama?"
Noah: "No."
me: "Who were you talking to?" (thinking it was his teddy bear or such)
Noah: "I talking to Bob." (We have no Bobs in our family and he has no toys named Bob)
me: "Where is Bob? Show mama Bob."
Noah: "Up dere." (pointing up at the ceiling, matter-of-factly)
At this point I'm getting all weirded out, thinking we have a ghost or something. I'm trying to figure out who the heck Bob is.
Me: "What does Bob do? What does Bob say?"
Noah: "Bob say Whoooossssshhhh. Bob bwow air. Bob Der Dishinner." And he points at the air conditioner/furnace vent. Lightning strikes - Bob the Air Conditioner.
So, DS has a new friend, Bob the Air Conditioner. We now have to kiss Bob goodnight at naptime and bedtime (kiss the air vent), and Noah reminds me to turn Bob off at night so Bob can go to sleep like him.
:

I just love him. Noah, not Bob

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That's so adorable! Dd has had an imaginary friend since she was about 2. His name is "giggly" and she says he is a little boy. She actually tells dh and I that one day he will go into my tummy and be her little brother
:
I think that's adorable, and she might me on to something. Who knows!

I hope Bob continues to be a great companion!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was just too funny because right after it happened, i was on the phone with my best friend on Earth who happens to be Catholic and believes in spirits and exorcisms/etc and she was getting all freaked out, thinking I had a ghost like the 'friend' that talked to the little girl in the Exorcist movie before she was possessed. She was seriously freaking out until I told her Bob was the air conditioner.

Now Noah will hear Bob turn on during the day (it can be the heat or the A/C, both come from the same place), and he'll say, 'Oh, hewo, Bob. I playing trains, Bob." Just like he's a friend come to play
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts