Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My Ds is 15 months old loves Breastfeeding from 3a.m until wake up time,this really does not bother me in any way at all except lately he has been popping up at 4:30 or 5 and asking to get up.He is really really loud and we have a4 year old and a Dad in the other room that need thier sleep! Dd was a 4:30 riser for 2 years and I really HATE getting up this early.  I have been getting up and putting him in front of thomas the train for a couple days now,I know taht is not a good thing but I can't wake up like this I'm OLD!! (41)</p>
<p>If anyone has had this experience and figured out a way to get your kiddo back to sleep please share!</p>
<p>He sleeps on a mattress in his own room,but I pretty much sleep with him from 12 on.</p>
<p>He goes to bed @ 7-7:30 sometimes as early as 6 (he sleeps longer if he goes to bed at 6,but won't go to bed that early if his nap was in the afternoon vrs morning.)</p>

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
<p>Wish I knew what to say to help!  I'm up with my 7mo right now (have been since 2:30) so my partner and the 3yo can keep sleeping in the family bed.  So.  Very.  Tired.  This is becoming routine now, and there's no way to get more sleep. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll be checking back here for tips for sure.</p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>What happens if you just lie quietly & ignore him with the lights off? In my world I do NOT get out of bed that early so on the few days ds has been up for the day that early he's had to entertain himself beside me on the bed.</p>

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>I play dead for a while, but if the child is wired be be an early riser then there just isn't too much to do about it. I really feel your tiredness, all 5 of us are always by 5:30, it isn't uncommon for me to start the day at 4 with one of the children. Grumble. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts