Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>DS is 4.5 months old.  For the past few days he doesn't want to nurse during the day and I think it's because he's eating all night!  Our routine (mostly decided by him, not me) was: </p>
<p> </p>
<p>8:30 - bed time, nurse to sleep</p>
<p>11:30 ish - potty opportunity/diaper change, nurse to sleep when I go to bed</p>
<p>3:00 ish - DS wakes, nursed to sleep</p>
<p>6:30 ish - DS wakes, potty opportunity/diaper change, nurse to sleep</p>
<p>8:00 ish - up for the day</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The last few nights he has been nursing at 2, 4, 6 and 8 for however long he stays latched (I fall back asleep but it seems like it is for quite a while).  Maybe it's a growth spurt except that then he isn't hungry all morning.  Yesterday he went from 8 until 3 without eating and had no interest at all in nursing when I offered.  The same thing today (except he ate at about 1:30).  Is this normal?  I'm sure it's because we're co-sleeping and I'm right there.  Should I just go with it or try to re-establish our previous routine? Do you think from your experience it's just a phase? I've been really tired the last few days.  Also, at his last appointment he dropped off a bit on the weight curve which didn't have me overly concerned as he's very active and EFB'd and I know the growth chart is mostly formula fed babies so not accurate for BF'd babies, but this not eating thing has me worried he could drop some more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also my doctor was trying to get me to "slowly" night wean so he would STTN. I just grin and nod but really I don't plan on doing this and she has no idea that we co-sleep.  Would you try to night wean at this stage?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm generally a "go with what baby wants" mamma but if he can go from 8-3 without eating, I'd rather feed him every 2 hours during the day and have him sleep from 8:30-3:30 at night!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts