Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to do anymore. Logan doesn't want to eat at night now, but he wakes up and wants to be held. We will hold him and then try to put him back down, he just starts fussing again. We both work and need to get some sleep. We don't want to CIO but don't know what to do. This goes on for hours. We dread the night and are at our wits end. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions???

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'm assuming he's a newborn. If so, I've heard the Amby bed can work wonders for babes who want movement all night long. You could also try googling "baby hammock" to find a possibly cheaper non-mechanical version.

Good luck!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Put him in your bed. Snuggle him up next to you with your arm around him- it will feel like he's being held.

-Angela

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree!! My son would not sleep by himself, always wanted to be up against me, which I have since learned is not only perfectly normal, but what your baby needs right now. I had him lying in bed next to me in the cradle of my arm and he was perfectly content.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, if your babe is like mine then just snuggling next to you isn't enough. He wants to be IN ARMS. For now we alternate holding/rocking with him in a recliner and just lay back to sleep ourselves once he's asleep. Or, if he's deeply enough asleep we'll try laying him next to me.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BookDad
For now we alternate holding/rocking with him in a recliner and just lay back to sleep ourselves once he's asleep..
My son is actually 6 months, I should have noted that. Also, this is a new thing. He stopped wanting to eat, which is what we used to do (we EBM - he would never nurse - so he only eats about 1 oz - meaning he isn't hungry) Love the recliner idea - apt just isn't big enough!

·
Registered
530 Posts
My ds did not only want to be in-arms, he wanted me to be STANDING, and he knew the minute I sat down.
I slept for about 2 months on the couch in an upright position with my feet on the piano bench. And lots of pillows.
He still goes through this in spurts, I don't know why, but he is 14 months and once in a while he will climb up on me and cry until I stand up and hold him in the night, and I end up sleeping in an upright position. It is exhausting!
Good luck finding what works, if this is the first time and he is 6 months, it may be a short phase.

·
Registered
884 Posts
i would try gently patting him. when he wakes, just pat his back or tummy (depending on how he is laying) in a slow, rhythmic fashion and say "sssshhhh, shhhh" or some similar soothing, non-verbal thing.

while i love the idea of holding my little ones all night long, it was just never practical for me. we did co-sleep with both kids for their first 18-24ish months or so, but holding them all night, or even part of the night would have really hurt my back and my body, and i would definitely not be able to sleep soundly like that. not sure if this is an issue for you.

i do agree with whomever said it will probably pass, though. thats the one thing i have really learned with mothering, EVERYTHING passes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts