Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so like I suspected...DS completely resists being diaper free for potty learning. Whenever he sits on the potty or after a diaper change he always says "Diaper" and starts to get upset if you don't put it on. So we can't do nakey time. So, I guess I will wash the toddler underwear we have and see if he is willing to wear that instead of diapers. And then hopefully he doesn't demand pants on too. lol Often he says diaper and then pants. I can't convince him to not wear them.<br><br>
Any other suggestions? Did you have a toddler who refused to go diaper free like this?

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
He's not yet 2 -- unless you're doing EC, it's very likely he's not ready.<br><br>
And it's JANUARY. It's COLD out there! I'd wait until summer myself.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We live in Florida...it is already getting hot!<br><br>
And he is showing signs. He often pees in his potty at least once a day. He asks to go potty sometimes and pees. He'll wake up with a dry diaper and then pee in the potty sometimes. <b>Every</b> time he poos he tells us when he is pooing. Sometimes in a very distressed voice. Recently in his car seat he tried lifting himself up with his legs so that his bum was not actually on the seat and said "potty" in a very distressed voice. He needed to poo but didn't want to in the car seat.<br><br>
Trust me, I am not forcing the potty and won't. He is just clearly showing many signs so I really think its time to try some diaper free time - or underwear time running around the house or something.<br><br>
If it isn't working out, we will wait. But it isn't too early to try if he is showing signs.<br><br>
He will be 2 in 2.5mos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts