Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know mmr is live and sheds, and i knew that there would be day where youngest dsd would likely get her booster, but i did not know her mom was taking her today, so she was just dropped off to me and my non mmr vaccinated kids. Dp diddnt not know either only that she had her 4 year well check. He also had a run in with the dsd's pedi because i have been educating him on vaccine choice and the pedi almost fired him for refusing flu vaccine for older dsd. But dsd's mom is very pro vaccine and will get them everything no questions, but i digress..what should i do for my kids? dsd's live primarily with us. They eat, sleep and bath etc, here 5 days/nights a week alongside my kids. This is way more exposure than a random kid at preschool etc.

What is the best thing to do?And how long does it shed?

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
I think it is really rare for people to get measles, mumps or rubella from shedding - but if it does, and assuming your kids have no health issues, I would just roll with it. I would have been thrilled if my kids had rubella or mumps at the ages of your children: 4-9. I would have been a little more worried about measles, but ultimately, your kids are the best/safest age to get measles. I would push foods with Vit C and A and if they are very picky eaters to the point where you cannot even hide the good stuff, consider supplements

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i have never been worried about it much before but i also never had someone get vaccinated that lives with us.

·
Registered
214 Posts
thanks, i have never been worried about it much before but i also never had someone get vaccinated that lives with us.
I would be more concerned with making sure your DSD was filled with good SA, vit A and probiotics. Her getting over the shot as fast as possible would be my way of thinking about it.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
OP she only got one vaccine? Or only one that you know of?

She should have gotten a few more at age 4 - CP, DTaP, Polio and the "yearly" flu too!

plus what other little nasty germ(s) were floating around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts