Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
This is my first time posing on this forum, but I have been a silent lurker for a while and cannot tell you how invaluable the onformatoi on these forums have been to me.

I am currently living in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, and I have a lovely 5 month old daughter. She is currently unvaccinated (apart from BCG), and I would like to start her on a spaced out schedule. To be honest I am not entirely comfortable vaccinating her, but i am getting a lot of pressure from family members, and the guilt and paranoid i feel when she mixes with people and goes out is too much for m to handle i am ALWAYS worrying oh did she catch this or that and what if its a vaccine preventable disease and I could have prevented that. How do all you non/delayed vaxers handle your children mixing with older kids?? am I the only overly paranoid mama!

My question is, my doctors office here in Jeddah carried the DTAP brand tripacel. Now I can't find any information on this brand anywhere, has anyone heard of it, or can anyone give any information/advice as to whether they can recommend this particular brand?
I am very worried I am giving her an unknown label that is the old DTP vaccine, or one that is loaded with bad things. I just wish I could find out more about it online.

I look forward to anyone who knows anything about TRIPACEL..
thank you so so much!

xxxx

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
There has been some discussion here in this forum about it. Naturally Kait was looking for it, but it seems to be in the process of being phased out in certain countries in favour of the 5n1 and 6n1 combos. You can search the other threads on here. I also ran across a post online from a parent in Australia who was trying to get the Tripacel in 2014 and was told then that it was not available any longer. I did find a few product inserts from Thailand and India, believe it or not, but not sure if they'll be of much use to you because I'm not sure if it would be the same formulation where you are.

It's a basic 3n1 DTaP vaccine, it's not the old DTwP.

I found an Australian consumer info link on it. Interesting as we can't even get the actual product here any longer, but it might give you something to start with...

http://www.mydr.com.au/medicines/cmis/tripacel-injection

1 - 2 of 2 Posts