Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr Bob

My 4 yr old son was scheduled to get his 5th dtap this coming week. Last week I found a tick attached to him and pulled it off. It was not engorged but we live in NC which has a higher incidence rate of Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. His pediatrician told me to watch him for signs of the illness for a month and if he seemed fine after that we are "out of the woods". In your opinion, should we wait until after the month is up to give the DTAP to make sure he has not contracted RMSF or do you think it is ok to go ahead and give him the shot this week?

Thanks for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Dr. Bob. Do you agree with the month long wait time before giving the shot or should we wait longer? If we should wait longer, what is the time period you suggest?
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top