Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last evening, I had an obvious plugged duct. I did all the kellymom suggestions, moist heat, massage, etc. When DS(9 months) went to bed, I had him on the affected side, trying to empty it. Apparently, the clog was a stubborn one, because he nursed, and nursed, and nursed (you get the idea), and got more and more frustrated. When I couldn't take the nipple pain anymore, I switched sides and he instantly relaxed, drank heartily, and fell asleep. I don't think he was getting very much from the clogged side, but he nursed on that side again overnight and cleared the clog- it was drained and felt much better when I got up this morning.<br><br>
So, I wasn't too worried about it until this evening-he nursed on the blocked side normally today, and it doesnt feel blocked anymore (though I do still have some nipple pain). Here is my problem: he did the same thing tonight that he did last night- nursed for ages, and got more and more frustrated until I couldn't take the pain anymore and switched sides. Then, he did the exact same frustrated thing on the non-cloggy side! I dont think I still have a clog, and the non-clog side feels totally fine-could this be a supply issue? If so, what do I do?<br><br>
Another bit of pertinent information might be that I am in the midst of my first "real" (albeit very light) post partum period. DS does most of his nursing at bedtime. I offer every 2 hours or so, but he snacks all day then has a big meal at bedtime. He doesnt eat much real food yet, and I dont supplement at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts