Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this done in other DDC's and I thought it might be fun for us to try as well. Basically, we will pair up by due date and exchange personal contact info (phone #/email address). When the time comes for us to start popping out our babes, we can inform our buddy via text msg or email since that's easier than logging on to MDC when you're in the thick of things. The buddy can then update the rest of the DDC about your labor progress or baby status. It's also a way to have some personal support from a buddy who is about as far along as you when we get to the bitter end and are just miserable.
winky.gif

Let me know if you are interested by posting your username and EDD and I'll update this post with everyone's info as the header. Once everyone has signed up who wants to participate, we can pair up by due date.

ETA: Here are the buddy assignments! I hope everyone is happy/satisfied with their buddy. I tried really hard to match people up based on communication preferences and by keeping at least a week or more between EDDs. If you aren't happy and want to trade buddies, I'm sure no one would mind.

So, I guess the next step is for the buddy pairs to PM each other with their personal contact info so they can start communicating off MDC and then just wait for babies to start coming!!!

Buddy #1 EDD Buddy #2 EDD

Agatha_Ann 7/23 (8/6) verarae 8/11 (8/21)

jillybeans 8/25 (late Jul/early Aug) Poetry Lover 8/15

veggiemom 8/1 elove 8/15

chaika 8/1 *Jessica* 8/15

elevena true 8/2 kylaskye 8/26

noorjahan 8/4 greencarnation 8/19

Stephaniqua 8/7 Karalynnskies 8/21

Tamera 8/4 Baby_Cakes 8/16

Lovingmommyhood 8/7 ChemistryClass 8/16

egmaranian 8/6 CrazyCatLady 8/17 (8/21)
RileyAnn 8/4 FischK 8/23
Beckily 8/6 (8/14) Inali 8/23
Birdie B 8/8 kylaskye 8/26
cat13 8/14 Italiamom 8/26
Imprint 8/16 (mid-July to 8/7) Lynann 8/30 (8/25)

bethrw 8/11 Emerging Butterfly 8/30

Irene Roxy 8/14 Lady Jennifer 9/1

SynEpona 8/7 (Canada) No other Canadians signed up
greensad.gif

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Username: Lynann

EDD 8/30 (might be 8/25 though)

I get to watch you all have your babies first since I'm not due until the very end of the month.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
In the forum I was on when expecting DS we did due date buddies, but instead of pairing up with someone due at the same time we were paired with a Mama that was about 2 weeks different from us. That way it reduced the likelihood of both buddies being in labor at the same time. Again that time I was right at the end of the month and got to watch almost all of the other ladies have their babies before I did.

It was nice to be able to update for another Mama and let everyone else know what was going on. I must confess though that last time when it became my turn to labor the last thing I was thinking about was updating my buddy or the forum, but that's because I got too focused on my labor too quickly, and this time around I plan on keeping myself as distracted from the labor as possible for as long as possible, so I promise that whoever ends up my buddy I will let you know what is going on.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

In the forum I was on when expecting DS we did due date buddies, but instead of pairing up with someone due at the same time we were paired with a Mama that was about 2 weeks different from us. That way it reduced the likelihood of both buddies being in labor at the same time. Again that time I was right at the end of the month and got to watch almost all of the other ladies have their babies before I did.

It was nice to be able to update for another Mama and let everyone else know what was going on. I must confess though that last time when it became my turn to labor the last thing I was thinking about was updating my buddy or the forum, but that's because I got too focused on my labor too quickly, and this time around I plan on keeping myself as distracted from the labor as possible for as long as possible, so I promise that whoever ends up my buddy I will let you know what is going on.
Oh yeah, that would make a lot more sense wouldn't it? And pairing with a mama who *just* had a baby won't work either b/c she's going to be busy. See, all you due at the end of the monther's are going to be busy updating for everyone!

Last time I did let everyone know I was in labor, but didn't have the capacity to update through out. I think it'll be much easier on the phone than the computer. Especially texting!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I guess that does make more sense, huh?
winky.gif
Guess I didn't read about how this works very carefully while I was lurking around the other DDC.

Ok, I'll get everyone on the list and keep it open for a week or so, then we can pair up by EDDs that are a couple of weeks apart.

YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I'm in! Due 8/25, but most likely late July/early August!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm not one much for texting- heck, I don't even know where my phone is half the time.

I'll probably post here when labor starts- but with this being a UC, I don't think I'll have much time to update as things go. But I do plan on once the baby is born doing a quick post on Facebook to let everyone know she is here and share a pic- then we are turning off technology for a few days. I'm due mid- late august (somewhere btwn the 10th and 20th... though I have a feeling she'll go overdue). So If someone wants to add me as a friend on Facebook so they can see the post then update everyone here and share a pic, that would be cool.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.