Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
River slept for seven hours straight last night (little stinker) and we've been relying on LAM for contraception. I've also had a huge increase in my lochia today- lots and lots of red blood. He's six weeks old tomorrow.<br>
What do I do? Do I get a thermometer out, watch for fertile CM, use condoms for a couple of weeks or ??? Help, please?<br>
Oh- and my session with an NFP instructor isn't for another fortnight, so that's no help.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I had returned lochia bleeding the first time my son went longer than normal without the breast too. If it's lots you really should try and take it easy. My fertility didn't return for 14 months with all the odd days, growth spurts, skipped feedings here and there, it took him moving to his own room and nightweaning for a few weeks to do it. Watch for fertile CM to see a possible impending ovulation. Increased temps would only tell you in retrospect you had already ovulated, but tell you so much surer than fluids. One missed feeding isn't too likely to bring beck your fertility but if you want to be sure then use a backup.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's back to normal. Whew. Thankyou!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts