Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My three month old son is begining to slobber and contently wants to put his hands in his mouth. I think that he especially does this when he is tired. He will get upset, cry and really try and get his hands to in his mouth. I was letting him have a dummie, binky, suckey thing, but I've decided against it. I just don't know what I think of these plastic rubber things in his mouth, especially since he is breastfeed and hasn't used a bottle. It has been a week almost and Im wondering if his hands are filling this space.
:LOL

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It's good that he found his hands to help comfort teething gums. We found a great solution for the older infant/baby -- dried mango slices. My ds has been chewing on them for months now. All that teething slobber makes the mango chewy. It takes him a good hour to finish it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love the mango idea!

We've used cold, wet washcloths, an ice cube or chunk of frozen fruit puree put in one of those mesh self-feeders. We also have the plastic freezy things, which Ella still likes.

Ella's 'teething' started right around 3.5 months, but she didn't have a tooth for another 3 mos.! It was short-lived (not the whole 3 month period), so that was good.

Teething for us was rough at times, but overall not as bad as it could've been. Now Ella looks like a little girl. She's only 9 months today!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts