Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my Gram sent me a box in the mail. She'd bought some clothes for the kids.
Anyhow, she put one of those sache's (spell that right?
) in there and they still really smell like that & I love it!
Where can I purchase these things? I think they are made to make your clothing smell nice. Know what I'm talking about...anyone? I'd love to get one for each dresser drawer.

TIA!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
What is the scent? Are they flowers (like lavender buds/blossoms) in a fabric bag?

Or, is it powder in an envelope (commerically produced)?

Sachets are easy to make yourself. Just sew dried lavender into muslin or double-net "bags".

You can buy the bags, ready-made, in the bridal supply section at Wal-Mart (organza, in a range of colours!).

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
There are several ready made at bath and body places [Crabtree and Evelyn, maybe Bath and Body Works, L'Occitane (they would have REALLY good ones, they have good access to Lavender)] probably Victoria's Secret (and other lingerie shops) that sell linen sachets. Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Linens & Things would have it too.

Lavender is great because it keeps the moths away...and of course it has a heavenly scent that relaxes you.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gals!
It IS lavander. The smells REALLY stays too, it's wonderful! I didn't recall seeing these in dept. stores hence the inquiry. Never thought of VS or the other places. Will go check it out for sure! Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts