Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, from what I've read, it's just food dye in kool aid that is dyeing the wool when you use it, and you can substitute regular food colouring, right? So if I'm making playdough or clay, can I add kool aid to the dry ingredients? I hate dealing with those bottles of food colouring, they get everywhere, the kids get into them, they stain everything. I would think that kool aid might be easier to deal with.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I like this 'recipe' for kool-aid playdough

-1 1/2 cup flour
-1/4 cup salt
-1 pkg. kool-aid

Mix above ingredients in bowl

-1 1/2 tablespoon oil
-1 cup boiling water

Add to dry ingredients, Blend well

I've never tried just adding kool-aid to any other playdough recipes. It does sound like a good idea though.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Kabes/Kara:

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with Kool aid! Its so quick & easy & what I love most is that I don't have to use cream of tartar or cook the play dough like with my usual recipe. I just whipped up grape & lime flavors....off to berry blue flavor~the other two have turned out great & the kids are playing away~

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I'm subscribed to this thread, but I haven't been getting any emails, I just happened to see it today. I think I'll use that recipe when we visit the grandparents.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts