Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I used to use YourMailingListProvider.com but there were problems with his database and also AOL users could not read the newsletters since AOL blocked this company from sending emails to their members.

I switched to EzineDirector.com. It's inexpensive and extremely powerful. You can see how many people opened your email, if they clicked on your links and which ones, etc. I would never go back to anything that didn't track this info. Using this info I was able to give my advertisers valuable feedback on whether their ads were generating views and clicks. Love it!

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Wow. EzineDirector looks great. Could you transfer your YMLP list to it easily? And can you manually add folks or do they HAVE to sign up via your website (and opt in verifications)? I teach classes and would love to be able to add people after a class.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
You can definitely transfer your list easily. It's a cut and paste job.

You can add people yourself, but I believe the system will then send them a confirmation email. If you're opting people in who want to be on the list, this won't be a problem. If you're opting people in who have not asked to be on the list, then shame on you.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Hey Jodi!

I currently use Constant Contact . You can create beautiful HTML emails..they have lots of templates for everything from a newsletter to coupons and promotions. You can customize your colors, create links to your site, etc.

It also provides reports on your emails...you can see how many people opened the email (and which email addresses opened it), how many and who clicked through, which links they clicked through on.

It is a great service, but does come at a price. It is free for 60 days. After that the new pricing (as of July 1st) is $15 a month for 51-500 subscribers. Under 50 subscribers is still free.

-Dana

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin Pavlina
You can definitely transfer your list easily. It's a cut and paste job.

You can add people yourself, but I believe the system will then send them a confirmation email. If you're opting people in who want to be on the list, this won't be a problem. If you're opting people in who have not asked to be on the list, then shame on you.

I should be fine, then! I will probably stick with YMLP for my biggest newsletter (my wedding business), but check out this option for my baby signing newsletter, which I don't have many subscribers and have yet to really get into the routine of publishing!

Thanks for sharing this!

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Erin, I'm getting set up and subscribed myself. Does this program send you an email when someone subscribes? I do like that feature of YMLP. I can't see how it's done here, though. Any suggestions?

· Registered
425 Posts
We use Constant Contact and love it. It is so very easy to use - no knowledge of html needed (you can work in an advanced mode using html if you wish but all templates are available without it). They really offer a huge array of template ideas and even within those templates your options are almost limitless.

The price increase is effective July 1 though, unless you prepay before then ( I did!)

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Like the OP said, it is VERY easy! You choose the layout you want and then just enter the information where you want it.

I have used a tad bit of HTML on it...I wanted an extra paragraph one time and just entered

in the text and it worked. That's the only HTML I've ever had to use.

Everything is all laid out for you and you can insert your logo, change the colors, upload a graphic signature...mine are very pretty if I may say so myself!

· Registered
2,000 Posts
OK. I am LOVING EzineDirector. Thanks so much, Erin. One thing I like over YMLP is that I can manage several newsletters under one account. I have three going there now: one for baby signing, one for my MAD team and one for my MAD customers. I did have to contact support to see how I can view all the fields on my signup form. Can't figure that out. We'll see if they respond.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Cool. I've been very happy with their service.

Constant Contact is good too. I think when I was looking through the pricing structure, though, it made financial sense for me to use Ezine until I had reached over 10,000 email addresses.

I know people who have been really happy with both companies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.