Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else is getting early contractions. This is my fourth pregnancy. I don't remember having them this early, but maybe I did. There's so many things I can't remember about my previous pregnancies. I know it happens after sex, but that makes sense, so it doesn't count. This would be when I'm just sitting down and suddenly notice an uncomfortable feeling and then I pay attention and it's this tight feeling. Definitely a contraction. And it just lasts and lasts, for at least a minute. Very uncomfortable.

I am already sitting/laying down, and I don't think I'm dehydrated. The only other thing I read that can cause it is gas, but I don't really understand how that is possible. I don't mind having early contractions, you know, uterus in training, but I just wish they didn't hurt.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm sorry yours hurt, Valerie! I am the Braxton Hicks queen, and have felt contractions this early (and considerably earlier!) throughout each of my pregnancies. They've really never been uncomfortable for me, so mostly I just treat them as a party trick, but it would be no fun at all to be experiencing active discomfort during them. Sorry.

Reactions: Valerie11

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
This is my second and I'm definitely getting BH at 15 weeks. Just if I really have to pee or after sex. With DS I swear I had BH practically hourly for my whole third tri. Fortunately they have never been painful, I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I'm getting them too. Sometimes they're painful, sometimes just tight. Too much walking, too much stress, not enough sleep. - all seem to contribute to the bad days.
I hope you are ok, Valerie 11. ((Hugs))

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not even sure that I would notice them if they weren't uncomfortable/a little bit painful.

Last pregnancy, I had very painful Braxton Hicks about a month early, so went to the hospital and they confirmed contractions that would be regular for a while, then not regular, and I think they even gave me medication to stop them (I can't remember if I accepted, just that they offered). And since the baby was due in January, I was there in December, so it was a whole different calendar year to meet the deductible and I had to pay for most of it. I really try never to go to the hospital unless it's a true emergency, because they are just so much more expensive than a clinic setting. But these were so painful that I thought it was the beginning of the real thing. And since it was the 3rd in a state that doesn't do homebirth, I thought I'd better not sit around waiting, since it could happen faster than the last two times.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm having them too, though not often and they don't hurt at all. With my first I had them early, and throughout the whole pregnancy and they were very uncomfortable!

It's fascinating how every woman is so different in pregnancy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts