Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I had a miscarriage that started last Wednesday and ended on Sunday. Is it completely impossible that I could be approaching ovulation within the next few days? All signs point to O, that kind of CM, high sex drive, all that jazz...
I just thought at the earliest it should be another week and a half or so!
Did anyone who had a early miscarriage (I was only 4 weeks) find that next cycle they ovulated early? One way or the other, I think we'll be baby dancing all month, I'm so desperate to make this baby... but it would be nice to know whats going on with my body!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
255 Posts
Anything is possible, but my midwife said normally it takes up to 4 weeks before your cycle starts again. Once it has started, then you're in the clear.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting... that doesn't fit for three of my close friends who all conceived right after miscarrying... no period in between. I think it has to do with how early you miscarry... for me I was just barely pregnant, so the miscarriage was kind of just like a period.

We will see what happens.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderinggypsy
Did anyone who had a early miscarriage (I was only 4 weeks) find that next cycle they ovulated early? One way or the other, I think we'll be baby dancing all month, I'm so desperate to make this baby... but it would be nice to know whats going on with my body!!!!!!!!1
Yup, I m/c on day 35 or so (but I know I was pregnant and a blood test comfirmed it) and concieved
: about 2 weeks later w/ no period in the middle. My twins were actually due only 4.5 weeks after teh due date for the baby I miscarried, and they were born 5 days after my 1st due date (35w5d gestation).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderinggypsy
Interesting... that doesn't fit for three of my close friends who all conceived right after miscarrying... no period in between. I think it has to do with how early you miscarry... for me I was just barely pregnant, so the miscarriage was kind of just like a period.

We will see what happens.
It also depends on your body too, because not every period is accompanied by an ovulation. This has never made any sense to me, but it can happen.

I hope that you do ovulate soon and are blessed with a little bundle of joy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts