Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early small pox vaccines most closely resemble chicken pox parties. I wonder what the pro side feels about that.

Early small pox "vaccines" were nothing more than exposing a person to the scab of a pox, or a string that had been pulled through the fluid of a pox. So how is that a good thing, and an advancement of science, but chicken pox parties are wrong/evil/child abuse?

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Early small pox vaccines most closely resemble chicken pox parties. I wonder what the pro side feels about that.

Early small pox "vaccines" were nothing more than exposing a person to the scab of a pox, or a string that had been pulled through the fluid of a pox. So how is that a good thing, and an advancement of science, but chicken pox parties are wrong/evil/child abuse?
but, but....we've come so far in medical advancement and technologies now... injecting multiple vaccines into the body directly many times is the best ways to procure 'health' these days, no matter the health outcome. Just like back then...variolation, no matter the health outcome, was done. Science has come so far. I mean, pharma has come so far along now...

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
but, but....we've come so far in medical advancement and technologies now... injecting multiple vaccines into the body directly many times is the best ways to procure 'health' these days, no matter the health outcome. Just like back then...variolation, no matter the health outcome, was done. Science has come so far. I mean, pharma has come so far along now...
Actually, I think the doctors who did variolation were more likely to admit that things went wrong sometimes and that it was a risky procedure.

With a couple of hundred years of practice, denial of vaccine reactions and the cover-up of problems has become a well-oiled machine.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Actually, I think the doctors who did variolation were more likely to admit that things went wrong sometimes and that it was a risky procedure.

With a couple of hundred years of practice, denial of vaccine reactions and the cover-up of problems has become a well-oiled machine.
true....disagreeing with a dr back then for his opinion and scientific outcome of his doings was acceptable, and part of learning for new drs to find better ways of practicing 'medicine'. But that's where it ended back then too... They just agreed to disagree, or prove each other wrong using different experiments. Social media was not a tool back then to use against anyone. Word of mouth is all they had.
Pharma has played a huge part in supplying oil for that machine to keep running.

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
disagreeing with a dr back then for his opinion ... [was] part of learning for new drs to find better ways of practicing 'medicine'.
1920s - my favorite Auntie had menstrual problems. She was 22. The doctor recommended a hysterectomy. This was the same doctor who gave her a smallpox variolation and she went into anaphylactic shock, and had seizures for years. My grandmother declined the doctor's offer of female castration - hysterectomy and oophrenectomy - and my Aunt lived into her 80s, with her reproductive tract intact without any problems.

Her older brother died from a reaction to the smallpox vaccine. It says so on his death certificate.

but....we've come so far in medical advancement and technologies now...
Yes, I have been slammed with that on mainstream discussion boards. It is called progress they say. However, when doctors quit practicing medicine - when they get it right, then maybe I may consider what they do as the science they all worship.

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
That isn't to say that doctors didn't try to deny and cover up problems. And frequently succeed.

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
For example, the smallpox vaccine is very reactive, it was always contaminated with bacteria and viruses AND the instrument used for vaccination was generally not cleaned between patients. Given all these factors, infections and other problems must have occurred at a high rate during vaccination programs. However, it does seem as though the vaccine enthusiasts were pretty successful for quite a while at denying any connection between, for example, vaccination programs and the spread of infectious illness or even skin infections.

Reactions: caned & able
1 - 8 of 8 Posts