Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>D is 11 months old and has 16 (yes 16) teeth, so I'm expecting a full set by 18 months at most.  He doers not like to have his teeth brushed!  He will play and chew on it, and he will brush my teeth with it, but I have to literally have hubby hold his head while I peel his lips back to get a decent cleaning every few days or so.  Any advice on getting him to be a little more compliant?  We haven't done toothpaste yet, just a wet brush.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, if your baby teethed early, did that seem to make losing the baby teeth earlier?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>THX!</p>

·
Registered
101 Posts
<p>I used to play games with the toothbrush.  I would find all manner of animals hiding between his teeth and scrub them out.  ;-)</p>

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
<p>DS got teeth somewhat early, he had a dozen by 12 mos.  That said, I just didn't brush them, not til he was old enough to be fairly helpful with the process--he's 4.5 yo now, I don't remember when that was but I doubt before 2. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>We were at the dentist's office a month or two ago and the hygienist told me that his bottom two teeth are already a bit loose--they aren't super wiggly but when I pushed with my finger, I could see the movement.  So I'm guessing they're going to come out early--a few other people in the forum have had that experience too. </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts