Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
So, I have been having some spotting for about a week and I finally called the midwife to have my HCG test done and to have an early ultrasound.<br><br>
The ultrasound tech and dr. said that they saw a gestational sac, but no heartbeat yet and estimated me at 4.5 weeks. According to my lmp I am supposed to be 7w2d, or thereabouts. I realize that the lmp can be off, depending on when you ovulated, but...that seems like a huge discrepancy. My HCG level was at 4000, which is great for the gestational age estimated in the ultrasound. I am going to have another HCG test on Wednesday to see what is going on with the numbers.<br><br>
I have been all over the map emotionally. When I saw the ultrasound, I just assumed that this pregnancy was non-viable. I have had a good cry over it already and have started to think on the brighter side. This throws me for a curveball.<br><br>
Anyone else have something like this happen, with good or bad outcome??<br><br>
Pregnancy drives me nuts!!!<br><br>
Thanks for reading this.<br><br>
Jacqueline

·
Registered
684 Posts
A friend of mine had had several miscarriages, so she went in early on in her pregnancy---probably about 6 weeks---to see if her pregnancy was sticky. They did an ultrasound, said they saw the sac, but nothing else, and told her to call in a couple of weeks to have an abortion pill if the pregnancy didn't end on its own. She went in two weeks later, still feeling very very pregnant. The doctor did an ultrasound to make sure everything was set for her to take the pill. There was a heartbeat, then.<br><br>
I think you're on the right track with getting your levels checked. It's possible you ovulated later than you thought. Also, it might not be too early for symptoms at 4-5 weeks--since I'm 5 weeks, 4 days and have every symptom in the book!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'm sure the u/s is correct. I had the same sort of issue with this pregnancy, however my HCG was on the lower side, and my progesterone was extremely low. Your HCG level is nice and high. I thought I was much further along than I really was. There was a rather large descrepancy as well. Don't stress out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts