Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use to hold your earrings? I was using one of these angel dolls that my mom gave me. It was so perfect, I hung the earrings on the wings, so cute!!!!!!! But I yanked on it too hard the wings fell off, I think I will glue them back on but I was wondering what else would be a useful way to store earrings. Any ideas? Thanks!

· Registered
4,400 Posts
I have a jewelry box that hangs on the wall. The front looks like a picture frame with 16 photos (collage). The inside holds every single piece of jewelry I own, which is mostly earrings. Two long rows of holes in wood hold one earring in each slotted hole and then there is a partial row of felt-lined boxes that hold the rest of the earrings. The hanging box also has hooks for necklaces/anklets/bracelets and a place for rings and a swinging wood bar for bracelets and a felt pouch attached to the back where I have fancy headbands and glass/metal bracelets.

I think these things are usually pricey, but I got mine for a VERY good price on Black Friday a few years ago. Knowing how wonderful it is, I *would* pay full price for it. It is definitely worth it (to me)!

· Registered
791 Posts
I made something out of fabric and clear vinyl type stuff they sold near tablecloth 'fabric' at JoAnn's. I just made a bunch of pockets on a square of pretty fabric with the clear stuff so I could see everything and then made a strip of the clear stuff along the bottom edge and hole punched it so I could just hang my earrings there....it's thick enough clear stuff to hold up very well and takes the sewing well.

· Registered
360 Posts
I saw someone take a piece of cork, put in a nice picture frame, and hang her earrings on t-pins stuck in the cork. You could paint the cork or put wallpaper or fabric over it to make it purty. Or use smaller pins, or some other pretty pins (maybe nice pushpins?) to improve the looks of it.

You could also put a piece of fabric in a frame and sew little loops in it, but I think it'd take more time to make and be harder to use.

The only bad thing I can think of with these arrangements is that if your house were ever broken into, stuff'd be easy to spot and very quick to grab. Conversely, if you had to grab things on the way out in a disaster, the same would be true....

· Registered
2,392 Posts

· Registered
3,464 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
I knew someone who hung a pretty scarf on her wall and hung them in the scarf. It was a very thin type or material so she could get the earrings through. Looked pretty.
A long ribbon works well too.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a fetish for earrings. My collection of studs and danglers is a treasured possession though it contains some earrings which I have not been wearing for ages. However, in my spare time, I like to admire the beauties.

· Registered
3 Posts
Earlier accessorizing properly for an occasion would be a nightmare coz I could hardly go through my collection in one go and choose the right earring. Browsing the net for some DIY ideas, I put one of the tutorials to good use and made myself a fab earring holder. It is really simple to make. Just get hold of an old wooden picture frame and glue screen door fabric to it. Voila! You are done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.