Mothering Forum banner

Easier as they get older?

2K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  VanessaS 
Ditto everything that Roar said. My two most starkly gifted kids are my oldest and my youngest. With my oldest the biggest improvement was just when Roar noticed it, around age 7-8. With my youngest, who is more socially adept and less introverted, her 5th birthday seemed to be the turning point.

Having said that, I don't mind my kids sticking out in public for their weirdness. That's not something I find difficult to deal with (truth be told I kind of enjoy it). So if that's the kind of "hard to deal with" stuff you're talking about I'm not sure it's likely to improve any time soon. My eldest (14) took a senior high school writing course this term and at the going-away party the class threw for her (she's going to Asia after Christmas and won't be back until March) they thanked her for "the glimpses you've given us into your bizarre mind, and the outside-the-box example you've set for us."

Miranda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.