Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me about East Stoneham, Maine...<br><br>
My DH bought a very cheap timeshare ($63 to buy it with a $270/year fee) for a week in July in East Stoneham, ME. The place's decor is a bit form the 1970s BUT it is cheap and a nice place. (plus we can trade it for other places in the US for vacations)<br><br>
Here is a link:<br><br><a href="http://www.evergreenevtoa.com/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.evergreenevtoa.com/index.html</a><br><br>
So, we will be there for a week in July, so just wondering if anyone can tell us things to do/see/avoid in the area. We have a 17 month old (he'll be 20 months old when we go). Most likely we will do hiking and playing at the lake. But just wanted to know of other area things to do!<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I grew up in Naples, not too far from there!<br><br>
It's a beautiful area. In Waterford, there's a store that you HAVE to go to while you're in town. It used to be called Tut's General Store, but I think it's called Melby's now... it's on Route 35. It has amazing food, and a real general store atmosphere. There's a nearby bison ranch, and they have bison and elk burgers available at the store. They have gigantic ice cream cones, too!<br><br>
Bridgton is a town not too far away, and there's a lot to do there. Every Wednesday night after July 4th, the local community band puts on an outdoor concert at the Gazebo near the elementary school. It's a really fun time - I was a member of the band for years, and it has members ranging in age from 9 to 90! They play a mix of marches, show tunes, old stuff, and regular band music. The local boy scouts sell concessions, and the concert usually is ending with the National Anthem just as the sun is setting. Gorgeous!<br><br>
The whole area is loaded with lakes and ponds to have fun on. A lot of hiking and outdoor fun as well. I should be able to think of more specific things to see and do, but my mommy brain is getting in the way! You'll definitely have a great time, though!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the info! That is exactly what I hoped to learn about the areas things to do!<br><br>
DS loves music and live bands, so the concerts will be great fun!<br><br>
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts