Usually, we put fruit in our oatmeal, but why not put oatmeal in our fruit? These baked apples stuffed with oatmeal make the perfect Sunday breakfast - and they're sweet enough to pass for a post-dinner desert!
Here's the recipe:
- 2 cups of cooked oats (you can cook them with milk or with water)
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- While oven is preheating, core the apples.
- Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter to the inside of each apple. (You can wait for the butter to soften and rub it on the inside and outside of the apple).
- Place apples on a tray, and put in oven for 15-20 minutes... until apple looks done.
- While apples are in the oven, mix the chocolate chips into the cooked oats (you can cook with milk or water - whichever you prefer).
- Remove apples from oven and fill with the chocolate chip oatmeal.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.