Slow-Cooked Pumpkin Oatmeal
INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup (for serving)
- chopped pecans (for serving)
- Add oats, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, water, milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to your slow cooker.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Set your slow cooker for 2 hours on high (you can also set it for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low... I like the texture and taste of the oatmeal at 1.5 to 2 hours on high)
- While cooking, occasionally stir the oatmeal.
- When done, top with pecans and maple syrup.