Halloween is over, but pumpkin season is not! What should you do with that leftover pumpkin puree? Make this delicious (vegan) soup!
In my house, nothing goes to waste. After baking a delicious pumpkin pie, I decided to use the leftover pumpkin puree to make a creamy soup. I was surprised at how delicious the final result was. Here's my recipe:
Related: Easy Recipe: Vegan Grape-Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 large onion or 1.5 small/medium onions, chopped into small (1 inch) pieces
2 red peppers, chopped into small (1 inch) pieces
3 cups of veggie stock
One cup of coconut milk
3 cups of pumpkin
1 tablespoon of red curry paste
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
pumpkin seeds (to top when serving)
coconut shreddings (to top when serving)
1. In a pot, sautee onions, peppers and garlic in coconut oil until onions are soft (medium heat, about 7 minutes)
2. Add a couple leaves of sage (ripped), and mix
3. Add 1 table spoon of curry paste, mix in
4. Pour in veggie stock, mix
5. Pour in coconut milk
6. Pour in pumpkin puree
7. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
8. Stir and leave for 40 minutes on medium heat. (Remove when soup is thick).
9. Top with pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds.