I always have granola bars on hand - they're great for a quick snack, to crumble into your cereal, or to eat before a morning jog. These vegan pumpkin granola bars are my favorite.
Related: Easy Recipe: Vegan Coconut-Pumpkin Soup
The perfect combo of chewy and crunchy, this delicious granola will get you and your family excited about eating healthy. Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of rice crispies (we went with organic)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds (raw or roasted)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and mix evenly.
- Whisk until all the batter is wet and ingredients have all mixed well.
- Place on parchment paper (pan) and create a rectangle shape with the "dough."
- Put in oven for 15-20 minutes. (until it looks golden brown).
- Cool, and cut into smaller pieces.
- You can keep these in the fridge for a week.