Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to post this in the Activism forum, but somehow it got lost or something...

My son is doing an independant-study project on world hunger. (He gets out of taking Social Studies next school term in exchange for doing this project.)

Does anyone know of a website that gives the breakdown of the object lesson involving several people, some food, and some water? (The resources are distributed in the same percentages as they are globally. Some people have lots of resources, some few, some none at all.) It makes a big impact, and he wants to use it as part of his oral presentation, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
When my daughter did 30 Hour Famine with World Vision, they presented a lot of information. One of the projects they did while they were fasting was to divide the kids up into "families" and give them a dollar for each member. Then they went to a grocery and had them feed themselves for a day on 1 dollar per person. Then they donated the food to a food bank. Some of the menues were pretty creative. I know its not the project you were going for, but the world vision website might have something you can use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts