Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 3 year old dd favorite phrase along with shutup, stupid, friggin thing.
She has two older brothers who are quite the potty talkers and i try to remind them that their little sister picks up on these words.

So do i just ignore when she says that? It really bugs me when she says eat my bum. She knows it bothers me too!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianmommax3 View Post
this is my 3 year old dd favorite phrase along with shutup, stupid, friggin thing.
She has two older brothers who are quite the potty talkers and i try to remind them that their little sister picks up on these words.

So do i just ignore when she says that? It really bugs me when she says eat my bum. She knows it bothers me too!

Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh.

Honestly, I would cringe internally, and let it go.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I'll never forget the time when my DS 1 , who was 6 at the time, told his babysitter "up your butt and around the corner", she called me crying.
I thought it was hysterical but I obviously didn't let her know that. When one of my boys says something inappropriate I usually feign deafness and continue to make them repeat themselves until something more appropriate comes out. The first few times it took several rounds before they figured out mom wasn't really deaf, she was just refsuing to hear the potty talk. Now all it takes is one " huh, what's that you said? Didn't quite catch that" and they rephrase what they were saying.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My 3.5 yo likes, "talk to the butt...chaaaa" (thanks Stewat Little 3). She's been a potty talker for about a year. Her older dd doesn't, and does a great job ignoring her like the rest of the family. It's typical 3yo behavior. Although dh, who is Irish, and they have a much more lax sense of language (or he's just not paying attention) uses F-word in her hearing. Yesterday in Ikea dd2 dropped a piece of cake and said (luckily almost inaudibly) "I fecked up."

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom22girls View Post
My 3.5 yo likes, "talk to the butt...chaaaa" (thanks Stewat Little 3). She's been a potty talker for about a year. Her older dd doesn't, and does a great job ignoring her like the rest of the family. It's typical 3yo behavior. Although dh, who is Irish, and they have a much more lax sense of language (or he's just not paying attention) uses F-word in her hearing. Yesterday in Ikea dd2 dropped a piece of cake and said (luckily almost inaudibly) "I fecked up."

awwww

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.