Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I get to start the new thread
:

So, my scale is broken, but I measure myself every month on the first and over the last month (only 1.5 weeks back on ETL seriously) I have lost 4.5 inches in the last month, for a total of 27.5 inches lost since April 1 (including 2 months this summer, when I did not change at all!) I really need to buy a new scale and see how much weight I have lost

I had some carrot, ginger, cashew soup for lunch, it was really good. I think we are having tacos for dinner.

We are going to a dinner that is put on by my dh's work tomarrow, so I may break the plan for 1 night, but it will be at a very fancy, expensive resturant, and free - so that makes it OK, right

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
Carrot, ginger, and cashew soup? Sounds interesting. Is it in E2L, or is it your own recipe?
Neither
It is from the groc store and made by pacific!

Their soups are so good and come in a really cool resealable container. I usually add a couple of cups of frozen veggie to one, but did not today.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Ah, I see. I like to take Imagine's Potato Leek soup and throw it in the crock pot with a bunch of chopped up veggies and some spices. It makes a kicking creamy soup.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Okay, has anyone lost a ton of weight doing this? You know, I've read E2L twice now and each time I think - "Oh, no one really loses weight THAT quickly - it's not healthy." But I stepped on the scale this morning, and I've lost twelve pounds. I should be jumping up and down yelling hallelujah, but I can't seem to let it sink in that it's real. Silly, huh? I can't believe I've lost this much - I haven't "crash dieted," I haven't starved myself - I eat a lot of food, I haven't exercised myself into exhaustion. I don't know, it feels really weird - good - but weird. I keep stepping on the scale waiting for the number to go back up, but it keeps going down.

·
Registered
406 Posts
May I join you ladies? I am just beginning ETL and would love to learn from others doing the same program!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thank you for the welcome!

Yep, I found it after I had already posted to the older thread. I'm glad to be here!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi everyone! I am reading E2L and am planning to start after the holidays (I know, who isn't?). Mind if I lurk for a while and start posting then?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I lost weight easily (well, as easy as weight loss can be) and quickly on Eat to Live, so I do think it works quickly for the first two weeks or so, and then it went to about 2 pounds a week for me. My problem is staying on it because it is so limited, and we like t eat out. I haven't really tried it in about a year, and I'm thinking it might be time again, maybe using some cheat days (Christmas, New Years Eve). I knw that is against the recs in the book, but I have so much trouble sticking with it, that might be better than nothing!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Oh, I just read the chapter where Dr. Fuhrman says you can have some "cheat meals" for holidays, etc. He says something like, "If you go off the plan for one meal, as long as the next 20 are on the plan, you haven't even cheated!"

So although I'm not officially starting until January, I have been eating a lot more veggies the past few days and less junk and dairy. The problem is, by the evening, I'm starving!! I have had to eat "bad" food after dinner for the last two nights because I'm all
:. How on earth do you get enough veggies to fill you up, esp. while breastfeeding?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi all,

I'm subbing. I just finished the 6-week plan and am intending to do 6 more weeks. Not sure how I'm going to handle Christmas and my b-day (New Years Eve). Anyway- I lost 24 lbs in 6 weeks. And it was/is hard to believe. It has slowed down quite a bit. But I lost 3 lbs in the 6th week so that was encouraging. (After not really losing anything in the 5th week.)

This past week has actually been quite difficult. I keep wanting to binge on potatos. At least its not Oreos. :-> I've got a ways to go. Glad to know there are others. I'm also dealing with still feeling hungry (toxic hunger) so am a little frustrated by that. Anyone else doing this for a while that took a while to lose the toxic hunger feelings?

J

·
Registered
735 Posts
whats e2l? dh and i need to get our diets straight...he wants to loose weight I am mor into it for health reasons, I want to be healthy. Just found out some major giscusting stuff about dairy and I cannot touch that stuff now so its on to soy milk I am going to try to see if dh will drink soy/almonds/or rice milk. We both have no allergies, cukes upset his tummy and zukes too unless they are baked. I love those two veggies. Gawd I want to keep up the weight loss befoer I have another baby, I am down from an 18 to a 14 after 6mo pp. I am highly encouraged, now if I can get dh on the track.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Just lurking. (the pop up window is blocked??)

Anyway. This will be a popular place Jan 02.
I know I will want to join you ladies then. I know I would go off the diet Christmas day?! Can I hang around for now tho? TIA

·
Registered
211 Posts
Add me to the lurking for the moment list.
We made an attempt to do this at the end of November, but the stress of the upcoming holidays, dealing with relatives and food, and trying to finish a novel and we stopped. But come the first of the year we start again. I'm mostly vegetarian already and all my favorite cookbooks are vegan, so that should make it easier. I hope, anyway.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
very interested in E2L. But I binge on food for emotional reasons. Really like to hear from someone who has done this for a while. Do you get over the "toxic" hunger stage eventually?
Seems like the diet is really hard to follow. But the web site claims people quickly learn to prefer this method of eating. Is that true?
What does the book say about exercise?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts