Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try to minimize my 3rd tri weight gain this go around. Ds was a big baby and my doc's been teasing me that baby #2 is typically bigger. Anyone want to hop on board and try to eat healthier with me? My normal diet is okay, mostly whole grains, fruits and veggies, lean meats but my downfall is snacking with the occassional drive through thrown in.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I really MUST cut down on carbs. I feel like I'm eating them for every meal and snack. Whole wheat pasta doesn't taste good to me now, for some reason, so the pasta is white. Not good. Empty calories. I've gained 22 lbs.<br><br>
I would like my meals to consist of more things like free-range chicken with lots of veggies, and less pasta and rice. But man, my CRAVINGS......

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
mtm, my 2nd baby was smaller than my first. Big DS was 9 lb. 2 oz. and 24", and little DS was 8 lb. 7 oz. and 21".<br><br>
I did gain less weight the second time around, but I started off underweight in my 1st pregnancy. Both times, I only gained about 5 lb. during the third trimester, though. I typically gain a lot right away.<br><br>
I'm not too worried about what I eat. My diet is sooo much better than the most people I know, even when I'm not pg or nursing.<br><br>
I'm just making sure I get lots of protein, healthy fats, and fresh veggies. I'm going to start eating a lot of cooked greens to up my intake of vitamin K, in case I decide to decline the newborn injection - I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
We just removed dairy from our diet and my butt has shrunk quite a bit!! I've been on soy milk for about 3 weeks and the change is amazing. We've been decreasing our dairy for 2 months now. Otherwise, I'm just working on keeping a well balanced diet with good protein. Soy milk for breakfast and Chocolate Almond milk for variety and a treat. Luna bars are my "junk food" and dinners have a main, side, and fruit or veg dish. The Dr Sears Family Nutition Book has been a wonderful read. I'm over half-way through and have learned so much. Be careful with oils. The book I mentioned has a wonderful section on good and bad fats.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Me, me, me!<br><br>
I am really trying to remove all of the silliness from my diet (crackers, mostly and some popcorn). I cook a lot, mostly on request for parties so I don't have a lot of control over what I make. And its all been junk lately. Thank goodness the holidays are over.<br><br>
I've been tyring to eat more soup lately. I made a Portugese soup with collard greens the other day and it was really tasty. I'm not a vegetarian, but I have been making a bunch of stuff from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian (at least the vegetable section).<br><br>
Just need to get through tonight's party without eating platters and platters of junk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts