Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think it's one of those things you won't know until you try it. I did encapsulation and was really happy about it. It gave me tons of energy and real "pick me up" feeling. Another friend of mine credits taking her placenta as the sole reason she didn't come down with PPD. And then some like Mamanatural have a bad reaction to it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had mine in smoothies for the first week. It really helped keep the weepies at bay for me. I listened to my body though, because my joints were aching fairly badly. I did some research and it was most likely due to the hormones. Granted, I was taking a fairly large dose each day. Still very much worth it for me though! So I stopped the large doses after a week, the weepies stayed away, and the aches went away too.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We froze it vs. encapsulation and put a chunk in a smoothie each morning for the lying-in period. I have to say that I think it helped with bleeding (less) and stabilized emotions, etc. I felt good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.