Mothering Forum banner

Eating TF in Ithaca NY?

393 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Koalamom 
#1 ·
We're considering moving to Ithaca. Can you pm me if you live in that area? I'm cross posting. I know the raw dairy laws are strict in NY and I have a bunch of questions, but don't want to do it publicly. Thanks!

#2 ·
I lived in Palmyra for a bit and loved the area. The closest farmer I know of is over an hour from you.
I also know of a raw cheese amish farmer and I recall the town is Morvia (sp?)
I found him by a local store and they carried his cheese. He might sell milk to you. I don't have his info anymore since I have moved to VT, but check for local dairy products and them contact the farmers directly.
I lived in NY for many years and the only way to get the farmers to sell to you is to either trade or donate for milk.

#3 ·
I just found a list I was given that is of all the certified raw milk farmers in NY. If you are interested ion the list (and they are legally certified by the state), send me you email address. I just found one listed in Candor, NY that is like 30 min from Ithaca.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.