Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ladies think it is possible to EC part time? I'm a work out of the home mama and he is at my moms 1 day per week and daycare 4 days per week. I know my mom would try her best to EC (even though I'm sure she'd think I was bonkers), but I know daycare probably wouldn't.

Also, he is almost 4 months old. Is it too late?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yes it's possible to EC part time, and no, it's not too late!!! I have read about many people who do EC part time, like in the mornings and evenings if the LO is with someone else during the day. It would be my own choice over not doing it at all. Four months of age is a fine time to start. My mom thinks it's cool. She likes that her grand daughter doesn't have to sit in a wet diaper.
(That was her comment when I told her, I guess that means I got to sit in wet diapers?)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes, you can EC part-time! I wasn't diaper-free with my daughter by any stretch, but we used to potty very effectively from 5 months on. As a result, we never had to do the "potty training" thing, and she transitioned out of diapers quite easily at about 1.5 years old.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We pretty much do part time EC. My ds is 13mos and we started with the potty about 6 mos, but we never do it when we're out or at other people's houses or anything and honestly there are some days when all we do is the morning pee. It seems to work just fine for us. At some point we'll get a little more serious about it, but for now this works.

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
i think that it is never too late to start and that part time is great!

first, your baby will be ECed most of the time--when you're with him in the mornings and evenings (and night time if you wish), when you are with him on weekends, and when he is with his grandmother! that really is more time than the time spent at the DCP.

second, you might be really surprised by your mom. when i first told my mom about EC, she thought i was nuts and even teased me about it. i told her that she couldn't until she'd read the book and if she still thought i ws nuts, then she could tease me again!

well, she read the book and was convinced. and once she saw it in action at our house (she's with me every friday) and when we're out shopping, etc, she is amazed. she loves it and she loves to do it. she thinks it is really cool!

so now, my mom's friends thinks that she's nuts and tease her, but i'm going up there for a christmas party soon, and so they'll all see how it works!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I could have written bonnie's response except ds is 14 mo and I think he is ready to get serious about it, see my thread 'diaper fight'.

at 6mo when we started he'd pee & poo in potty upon waking, then pee after nap, every time. when we started solids and he became mobile (he did these at the same time) the poo became less reliable. Then he started taking off wet diapers. Now, sometime he won't do anything in the potty all day long, but at least I know that when he is ready, it will be a concept that he is already aware of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.