Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going on a trip in a couple weeks to visit with family and I'm wondering if it's ok to give babies echinacia (sp?). I want to boost his immune system not only for the flight, but also because said family is ALWAYS sick. Currently my 2yo cousin has strep throat and my older cousin is running a fever and in the least they always have a cold. Do they make echinacia for babies? Or could I maybe get a liquid extract and give him a smaller dose? He is 9mo. Also, is it ok for me to take it while preggo?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I know what you mean, my in laws are always sick. You can take echinacea while pregnant. I personally won't give my child herbs until she is over one year. I will take them myself so they will be in my milk. Get a good vit C supplement. I like EmergenC because it is so portable.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well normally i wouldn't want to give him herbs but if it's ok at all i really would like to for this visit. he gets so miserable when sick and it will be really hard traveling with a sick baby too. im not bf anymore because my milk has dried up, so he won't have any protection that way.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Susun Weed says sure- Make sure not to give goldenseal as it will cause very bad gas in babies. You (as in mommy) can take red root too as it is a very good lymphatic cleanser---- if they get sick....
I like to dose the bath tub as my dd drinks alot of the H2o, and I know it is a diluted dose! LOL
I don't give emergen-C as it has tons of sugar in it but you can get the unsweetened. You can also steep some rosehips in some hot water and then give to baby for a vit C kick.

·
Registered
684 Posts
i give my son baths in it that ways helps him to fight colds or if i ahve to bring him around a sick person he has that already in his body and the baths r nice

ayah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.