Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies. I'm writing to see if anyone has experience ECing twins and/or if you know of resources available to help in doing this? Mine are almost four weeks old and I have my hands full with just BFing, but I still cue them at changes and in between to try to encourage EC behavior. Kinda waiting till we have more of a routine to really try EC out though...

Any advice from the veterans on how to start EC (slowly even) with _two_? I know we might not be able to go full-throttle from Day One, but I feel committed to doing this, so I'd really appreciate input on how to begin -- even just "baby steps"... ;-)

Thanks a lot for any replies!!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Wow, you already sound like you're off to a great start!

Definitely try to get your partner and other helpers on board- being held a lot is one of the keys to being successful (IMO). I'm sure if it's you at home all day with babies you could still make it work, but if there are free hands around, definitely take advantage of them! And aside from the extra effort of another little body, I'd assume ECing two is just like ECing one....I wonder if they'd prefer to potty at the same time, or if they'd be fine going one by one?? Try it out and see what comes of it!

You may want to check out www.diaperfreebaby.org for a local support group, and you may be able to find more mamas who have BTDT!

(are you just cuing them, or are you offering the potty and a chance to eliminate at changes? I think offering a pottytunity at diaper changes would be a great place to start your 'routine'- if you haven't been doing that already that is)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I did a Yahoo search on the topic- I came across another Forum that was about ECing Twins...it was a writer looking to write an article on the subject- she was met with responses from moms of twins like the idea was INSANE and completely irrational....I couldn't help but create an account and post a response to let them them know that there IS infact a need for resources on the matter.

Check it out....do a yahoo search for 'EC twins' and see what comes back.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Definitely check out the DiaperFreeBaby site and send them an email asking for info about other ECing twin families, I know there are a few out there who assist with mentoring other twin families.

Also check out the big EC list on YahooGroups, there have been twin mommas there or someone can send you the email of someone.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I have no words of wisdom, but I wish you the best. You are amazing!

love and peace.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
One of the mommas on the big EC list just posted an update about ECing her 16 mo old twin girls. Head over there and check it out

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi,

I know several mothers of twins and they have all had good results from ec. What you're doing sounds good. Just continue those "baby-steps" as and when you can. You are right to take it easy and work at it very gradually.

There was an article about infant pottying in a US magazine called "Twins" recently. I can mail you a photocopy if you like, but I think that much of the info from the article is on the DFB site, since the same mother who wrote the article also provided info for the DFB site.

I'm working on a DVD about ec and it includes twins. A mother of twins has sent me about 5 hours of really cute and interesting ec footage on video. She is enjoying the experience with her little girls--they are amazing. The DVD will be available in October or November ("Potty Whispering" is the title).

I can also email you a few case histories from mothers who have finished with their twins if you think this would be helpful.

Laurie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.