Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these when DS #1 was just shy of a year old. I ended up reselling it because while it was very soft to the touch, it seemed kind of stiff in general. I also thought it was a bit bulky in the crotch.

What do you all think? Has it been changed at all since then (this was 2 years ago)?

And can you compare and contrast it with the ME OS?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
We have used these for 4 months or so and really like them. In terms of stiffness, well, it's not what I would call a fluffy diaper, but I have never thought it seemed like it would be uncomfortable.

Have not used the MEOS.

I do have some questions about how you adjust them 4 different sized babies, but will wait to do this until I snap some pics of DS wearing them to illustrate my quetsions.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I've been using them for at least 6 months, and it's one of my favorite diapers. They are SO soft, and I love that they are bound. I love the design and the way they look and fit. They really stand the test of time for me. I can't really compare them with ME OS, because I've never had an ME OS. They certainly look similar, going by the pictures. The Ecobaby has the advantage of being organic. The ME OS is not organic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a couple and haven't used them long, but I'll give my best description of it so far. They are much different feeling than I thought they would be too! - not really stiff, just sort of "felty" - they look like the inside of a sweatshirt to me. But they are still very soft - softer the MotherEase OS terry material IMO. I have one of those too and these are more absorbant. The MEOS doesn't hold much for my son. Also I layed them on top of each other and the Ecobaby is just a little trimmer in the crotch and has a bit more elastic gathering along the back than the MEOS - but same length. The trim stitching in the two are very similiar and the ecobaby seems well made. Don't know how they'll work on my newborn due soon - but for now they are fine for my average wetter - 22 month old.

HTH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.