Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When dd was born, I got rid of all chemical cleaners and such, and have had fun making my own potions for cleaning, etc. We've been using country save washing detergent for dipes and all our clothes. I also sometimes used the simple green/washing soda recipe. We use wool dryer balls and all has been great.

Then I got pg, and am finding mysterious stains on my shirts (right where the belly sticks out).
I've had some success with my new pink solution (made in Canada), but when we were at costco the other day, they had the Ecos detergent on for a great price. I have to admit I kinda like the smell on my towels, etc. We will not be using it on the dipes/clothes of the new babe come August.

I'm just wondering if there are any ingredients I should be concerned about. It is the magnolia/lily scent (which says comes from EOs), and has the soy based fabric softener. It also says that it helps protect colours. I guess I'm concerned about the last two - the softener and the colour protector. The ingredients list seems ok, but of course is pretty vague. Any thoughts/experience?? TIA

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by syd'smom View Post
When dd was born, I got rid of all chemical cleaners and such, and have had fun making my own potions for cleaning, etc. We've been using country save washing detergent for dipes and all our clothes. I also sometimes used the simple green/washing soda recipe. We use wool dryer balls and all has been great.

Then I got pg, and am finding mysterious stains on my shirts (right where the belly sticks out).
I've had some success with my new pink solution (made in Canada), but when we were at costco the other day, they had the Ecos detergent on for a great price. I have to admit I kinda like the smell on my towels, etc. We will not be using it on the dipes/clothes of the new babe come August.

I'm just wondering if there are any ingredients I should be concerned about. It is the magnolia/lily scent (which says comes from EOs), and has the soy based fabric softener. It also says that it helps protect colours. I guess I'm concerned about the last two - the softener and the colour protector. The ingredients list seems ok, but of course is pretty vague. Any thoughts/experience?? TIA

i have used it in the past lots. we live far from a costco so when it runs out we usually have to wait a while to get more, but i love it and use it for everything, diapers, baby stuff..ect... i generally hate scented stuff, but i find it very mild, especially if you line dry your laundry. the sun suns out the scent...but i give it a thumbs up..and im picky! the laundry comes out very nice
and it is a gerat price! im paying 9$ or so, for VIP unscented liquid soap and it only says 50 loads. the ecos is like 105 loads or something? and i often use less than suggested

1 - 2 of 2 Posts