Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I could use some perspective from you all normal people. I have a coworker with weird pain in her back on one side, since yesterday. She is thinking maybe a kidney infection or something, but she hasn't had any UTIs or anything lately. She mentioned today that her AF still hasn't arrived--it's two days late--and asked me if <i>that</i> could cause back pain? And I thought, well she could have an ectopic pregnancy perhaps. But then I've been TTC for over a year, and our other co-worker is 4 months preg, so it's sort of on my mind.<br><br>
I told her to POAS and if she's still in pain over the weekend, to go to the Urgent Care clinic.<br><br>
Am I losing it, here?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't think you're crazy. Ectopic pregnancy is nothing to mess around with. If she hadn't mentioned that AF is late, if would be a bigger leap in logic, but since she volunteered that info, I'd say it's a good idea to let her know your concerns.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I know my own obsession with pregnancy tends to color the way I see the world, but I can't tell to what extent. I figure that even if it's something else, the Urgent Care folks should be able to help, as it's a pretty acute pain from the looks of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts