Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to forum writing and am happy to be here.
My husband and I dtd at 10:00 pm 4 days prior to ovulation and the next morning until this very day ( 8 dpo ) I have been feeling a dull pain in my left side. This has never happened for me.

7 years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy due to Plan B and was given 2 shots of Methotrexate, twice. The pregnancy was never detected on the ultrasound so I do not know exactly where it was located.

I have had small pains on my left side during what I thought was my ovulation time off that side and it truly seemed to be every other month that I ovulated of left and right. I kept track of all this in a period tracker for 3 years.
This month my husband and I decided to try to concieve since the coast seemed clear. I had taken plenty of notes and this month seemed to be off my "good side". However this dull pain will not go away. It wasn't until I read through forums that I read this could be due to a corpus luteum cyst? When I press in with my palms, it does not cause pain, but feels to be just a bit smaller than a golf ball.

Have any of you who have had ectopic pregnancies experienced this?
Today ( 8dpo ) I experienced very slight cramping which makes me very hopeful that perhaps the egg DID implant itself into the uterus as I don't remember having uterine cramps with an ectopic. I hope so!

I remember before I found out that I had an ectopic I couldn't even use the restroom without being in excruciating pain... No pain like this is happening now, so I am hopeful.. Only time will tell..

Any thoughts, or stories of your own would be so much appreciated! I want to be so happy through this beginning experience ( if it is in fact happening ) but I cant help but to worry, as most or all of you ectopic mothers can understand.

-J

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That is really tough to say. It really sounds like it could be any of the three. (pregnancy, cyst, or ectopic) ...but I could be wrong. My ectopic did not hurt as bad as everyone describes theirs so I don't know if absence of the same pain that you had last time is conclusive, but could definitely be a good sign. I've had them all and in the early days, it all felt pretty similar.
Unfortunately, like you said, only time will tell. Very frustrating for sure. Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello GuavaGirl and thank you for responding!

The pain happened to ( I do not know for sure) be cystic pain that lasted from the day after being with my husband to 2 weeks later. Lots of worry, for sure after an ectopic!!

But this month, I'm certain was my healthy side and a few days later I'm experiencing quite sore breasts, so hopefully all is going well! Not so worried anymore and am now waiting to test a bit stress free ( of ectopic fear!) Thank you, again, for your response!!

If you are ttc, then I wish so much luck to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.