Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting my parents in the Cincinnati, OH area this weekend and my mom showed dh and I this editorial cartoon from the Cincinnati Enquirer. I looked around here and didn't see that anyone else had posted about it yet. Just thought you all might want to take a look.

Also, there was an article in last Wednesday's Enquirer about the OH bill that passed to protect NIP and Sunday there was a positive letter to the editor from a man about NIP. Very cool that this is getting so much attention up there.

Dh, ds, and I went to the Cinci Reds came on Sunday and I sat in my seat and proudly nursed ds (5 months). This was the first time I NIP and I was so excited that I did it. I wanted to make sure that I did it there in the crowd so that maybe someone would notice and start thinking about the whole issue.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Great cartoon! I've always been a proud NIP'er here in Ohio but it's funny what a pschological difference it's made for me knowing I'm now LEGALLY protected. Good for you for nursing at the ball game

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
That is hilarious! Jim Borgman is so funny.

So does this mean it is law now? I didn't know how long it took for the governor to ignore the bill before it became law. It is still ridiculous to me that we have to even have a law about NIP.

Related story. My 60 year neighbor works at the ballpark, he is one of the guys running around with STAFF on his shirt. He has long been supportive of breastfeeding, but has come to me several times with concerns about how to handle complaints, if any, about NIP at the ballpark. He was glad to hear that there was now a law he could cite to back up what he knew was right and he can tell complainers to stuff it, in a nice, diplomatic way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love the cartoon! I plan on going to a Reds game tonight and will surely be proudly nursing my 6 month old right in the stands.
Tara

1 - 8 of 8 Posts