Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering about the availability of editing jobs (and writing would be even better!). I have read the freelancing thread, but am not in a place where I could do that, though it was inspiring! What kinds of editing jobs are out there? Any pointers for where to look? What kind of credentials do you need? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
for writing, any type of free publication for families in your area can be a good place to start, to begin building a portfolio.

do you have any special area of expertise? you can begin with writing related to that field: for example, articles for local organizations, or for small newsletters.

are you close to a university? if the school has a press, or an alumni magazine, that is one type of work you could try.

it can help if you think about what kind of writing you most want to do, and what kind you'd really rather avoid (for example, there is a lot of writing in development offices, related to publicity and fundraising).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.