Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Using chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite) increases the VOCs (volatile organic compounds) inside your house, especially chloroform and CCl4 (carbon tetrachloride). Gel or thick liquid bleaches are worse than ordinary bleach in making VOCs.

link to study about bleach and VOCs

IMO, bleach should be used in a 1:10 dilute solution for as needed for disinfection (ie., after illness) but not for routine cleaning.

Oh, and dioxins produced in industrial processes is another reason to choose alternatives to bleach. For routine household cleaning, vinegar, soap and baking soda are safe and effective.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmary View Post
IMO, bleach should be used in a 1:10 dilute solution for as needed for disinfection (ie., after illness) but not for routine cleaning.
including doggy illness
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top