Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Ds is 6 and is in first grade.  He consistently "undershows" what he is able to do, thus he is consistently underestimated by his teachers.  He was recently dx'd with SPD by an OT, which can account for some of his behaviors.  I know that he is a very bright child (?gifted) and I am looking for a <em>GOOD</em> psych with SPD and/or 2E experience to give a good, thorough evaluation in order to help us and his teachers truly understand his abilities (without over- or under-estimating him), as well as his learning style.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any recs?</p>

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
<p>I reall<span style="display:none;"> </span><span style="display:none;"> </span>y l<span style="display:none;"> </span>ike who we see, but I'm not sure what his qual<span style="display:none;"> </span>ifications woud be in that area, but you coul<span style="display:none;"> </span>d call<span style="display:none;"> </span><span style="display:none;"> </span> and ask. We see Dr. Ashl<span style="display:none;"> </span>ey Gibb through Chil<span style="display:none;"> </span>dren's and he's been great for us and the boys seem to l<span style="display:none;"> </span>ike him.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts