Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
I saw it too. I was so disappointed.

I had hoped they would do a story on the Barbara Walters thing where they showed her original words and then her clumsy backtracking. I could see a funny Stephen Colbert segment on the "offensiveness" of nursing in public, with a montage of shots of Baywatch and Victoria's Secret models interspersed with regular moms sitting on a bench nursing.

Instead we get Jon Stewart leering at that mother, and looking incredulous that anyone would dare nurse in a situation like that. UGH. UGH.

· Registered
403 Posts
Well you know, most of the people they make fun of on the Daily Show have signed up for it. They know what they are getting into when they agree to get interviewed. Like the Cooter Festival people, or the Mattress King. They end up looking ridiculous, but they chose to be there.

The woman they showed was just trying to feed her baby. She probably didn't even know she was on camera. For Jon to give his incredulous pause, like he does for something particularly dumb politicans say, I felt was inappropriate and disrespectful. I didn't find it funny.

I still think a booby segment would be hilarous. Juxtapose that same woman with scenes from prime time TV of flaunted surgically enhanced breasts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.