Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up yesterday to a little pile of fur on the living room carpet. I went and got a wad of toilet paper to clean up the hairball. I picked it up and realized it wasn't a hairball, but I wasn't sure what it was. Poop with fur? No. What the heck is this? Then I figured it out. IT WAS A HALF-EATEN MOUSE! YUCK!
Just the legs, tail, and head were eaten. Not only is it gross to find a dead animal on my carpet, but to realize that it must have been alive and running around my house before the cats got it.... *shudder* Now why couldn't they have just eaten the whole thing and left me none the wiser?
:

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride
I woke up yesterday to a little pile of fur on the living room carpet. I went and got a wad of toilet paper to clean up the hairball. I picked it up and realized it wasn't a hairball, but I wasn't sure what it was. Poop with fur? No. What the heck is this? Then I figured it out. IT WAS A HALF-EATEN MOUSE! YUCK!
Just the legs, tail, and head were eaten. Not only is it gross to find a dead animal on my carpet, but to realize that it must have been alive and running around my house before the cats got it.... *shudder* Now why couldn't they have just eaten the whole thing and left me none the wiser?
:

LOLOLOL!!! Oh man this does make me miss my kitties!! We had a Siamese/Himalayan male named Kiku. He had a very sensitive stomach, and also a food dye allergy. While his cat food was safe, the garbage he insisted on eating was not. He always broke into the trash can, and later on he would start hacking and dry-heaving. I would try to grab him and put him on the kitchen floor so I didn't have to scrub the carpet, but he would run from me. Sometimes he would start yacking while he was running, and there would be a TRAIL of barf across the living room and up the stairs.
: I stopped trying to put him on the linoleum because cleaning up the "trail" was more work than just scrubbing one spot. I pity the poor fools that adopted him when we moved across the country. They had no idea what they were in for with him

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I had an ancient Siamese cat...he lived to be 21. When he was about 17 he starting having vomiting issues. One night...when I was sound asleep....he yakked up all over my pillow and hair. It was quite the gross surprise.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alana
I had an ancient Siamese cat...he lived to be 21. When he was about 17 he starting having vomiting issues. One night...when I was sound asleep....he yakked up all over my pillow and hair. It was quite the gross surprise.

he he he.....I thought that couldn't have happened to anyone but me! The cat we had when I was growing up (a cranky old tiger-striped domestic), loved his breakfast so much that he would wait until the 1st person up (who of course couldn't do anything else until feeding him) was in the shower, then set upon the next person up and howl so pitifully that you'd think he was starving. And then he'd throw up because he'd eaten too much. One early morning, a beautiful semi-cool summer morning, he must have just pulled this trick, and then sat sunning himself in my bedroom window to watch the sunrise. Did I mention that the head of my bed was directly under said window? He promptly puked fish-flavored wet cat food all over my head.
: And, being half-awake, I felt badly for him because I thought he was sick with a tummy bug.
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts