Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I guess I just experienced a thermal shift after O'ing (this is my second pp cycle that I'm charting).

I'm on CD 51 (it's been a loooong cycle!). It's predicting that I O'ed CD 46. It just re-calculated everything based on that information, and there are many a pink days after O, like right up to CD 50 (i.e. YESTERDAY!!!). DH and I DTD unprotected for the first time the DAY BEFORE!!! and I assured him I was NOT fertile (all signs of fertile quality CM had passed days ago, cervix has firmed up and lowered).

I'm hoping that my own inklings are right, and that ovusoft is just being extra conservative. It was saying that I was in the post-ovulatory infertile stage of my cycle the last half of this week (which I'd agree with), and now with this thermal shift it's changed it's mind.

Anywhoo, I'm fairly certain that I haven't been fertile for quite a few days (4-5) and that we should be fine, but does anyone have any insight on why it would say I've been fertile up to yesterday???

(I'd love another baby, but DH doesn't and I want to show him FAM works and that I know what I'm doing....feeling a little
: )

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's been a while since I've used Ovusoft for charting O, but I believe that it keeps you in the "fertile" phase of your cycle for avoiding purposes until there have been 3 days of higher temps. That way, you can be sure the higher temp isn't a fluke. I hope someone else can give you a more precise answer about the software. IMO, if you are observing all your other fertility signs and KNOW that you aren't fertile then you're probably right. That's acutally why I don't use the software much anymore. I charted very carefully for about 3 years and started to realize that I knew my body well enough to know when I was in my fertile phase. I still chart AF and refer back to ovusoft's predictions of when I will be approaching fertile phase for planning romantic vacations and such (not so romantic if you're fertile and avoiding KWIM?
).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.