Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find some new methods and recipies for baking with out eggs.
Any help or links would be great.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I used to bake cookies for a friend who could not have eggs, and I would replace 1 egg with 1 heaping T baking powder, 1 T oil, and 1 T warm water. That's for if the egg is a leavener.

If it's a binder, you could use applesauce or mashed up banana or 1T ground flax seed + 3T warm water.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It takes a lot of practice and trial and error I think. Some recipies do great with some ground flax seed and hot water mixed together, others with egg replacer ( a potato starch) and the baking powder/oil mix. or mashed bananas.... try your local library for allergy baking cookbooks.
Kathryn

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckyTate
I need to find some new methods and recipies for baking with out eggs.
I don't do pastries, just cakes, quickbreads and cookies, but I've had good luck substituting Bob's Red Mill egg replacer. Ener-G makes one that is supposed to be even better, but it's more expensive.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
There's a cookbook called Bakin' Without Eggs by Rosemarie Emro. I bought it when dd1 had an egg allergy. I recently sold it on the TP. The recipes were good, considering no eggs. Before I sold it I wrote down the recipe for chocolate chip cookies, which is a great cookie recipe, and for eggless pancakes. I can post them if there is any interest.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031...894466?ie=UTF8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts