Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I have had an egg my baby would get a ring rash around her bum, so I've cut out eggs for about 4 months now (I was the first of MANY things I have cut out!). I was wondering if I could try it again, she's now almost six months old and I really miss the protein.... and having something to eat for breakfast
Is it the whole egg that most people have issues with. Could I just try the egg white and see if she has a reaction from my milk.... I have also been taking fish oil, bone both and probiotics for about five months now and hope I have had some gut healing. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Just an FYI - the white is the allergenic part, not the yolk so if you were trialing only one part of the egg you'd want to start with the yolk although it's nearly impossible to ensure a completely pure yolk with no allergenic proteins attached. But....after only 4 months and the babe is just 6 months old....I would not try it yet. I know is SUCKS to not have the protein from eggs but I would wait at least a few more months probably, until she has been completely egg free for at least 6 months.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
If you're not a lacto-ovo vegetarian there are other protein breakfast ideas -- quinoa is a protein too -- but Canadian bacon, bacon, sausage, make a bean wrap or veggie wrap in a tortilla, etc. I wouldn't trial anything until they've been off it for AT LEAST 6 months.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LBMarie9 View Post
when you guys says off for 6 months--does that mean with no slip ups or accidents? does that mess it all up?
YES. The body needs a chance to heal, and every time you ingest an allergen you cause more damage in the gut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.