Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nearly 1 yr. old just went berserk for the eggplant I made tonight.

Anything wrong with eggplant? It was marinated in EVOO, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, anchovy paste. He would not even eat pasta, but kept lunging for the eggplant.

That should be fine, right? (MIght make some baba ganouj with the other eggplant if this is okay for him to eat).

· Registered
150 Posts
I can't think if there's any reason not to feed eggplant, I think all veggies (unless there's reaction) are supposed to be okay. But I'd be concerned about the anchovie paste. I don't think fish or other seafood are recommended until at least age 2 or 3.

· Premium Member
41,186 Posts
It's probably fine.

The main issue with eggplant is, nutrition-wise it is useless. It isn't "bad" for you but it isn't really great either. Not really a lot of vitamins, it is just delicious.

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Fish and other seafoods are fine from six months on as well. There really isn't very much that a baby that's 6+ months old can't have, short of honey and milk, unless your family has a history of food allergies. The very short-lived "rule" of no shellfish, peanut products, etc., has been reversed by the AAP (It only existed about a decade before they realized it was no good).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.